The mission of the Beaufort County Human Services Alliance is to promote and sustain activities that improve the quality of life for all Beaufort County residents by creating coordinated, comprehensive, and integrated systems of human services. The Alliance also serves as the backbone organization to Together for Beaufort County, an organizational framework that enhances our community’s capacity to address specific social problems (for more information on Together for Beaufort County, click here).
The Alliance achieves its objectives by:
- Developing a unified vision of human services;
- Tracking, measuring, evaluating, and disseminating community data to stakeholders and residents;
- Educating residents, stakeholders, and service providers on trends, issues, and community needs;
- Connecting stakeholders, residents, and other partners through a comprehensive referral network;
- Facilitating strategic planning sessions, focus groups, and committees to develop culturally-appropriate, evidence-based interventions;
- Enhancing communication through bi-monthly newsletters and serving as a single point of contact for various community workgroups;
- Advancing policy changes to meet the needs of the community;
- Identifying funding sources for community projects.